Occupational Health & Safety Policy
It is the policy of Prism Pty. Ltd. trading as Vigil Anti-slip, hereafter referred to as ‘Vigil’, to promote and maintain the highest level of safety, health and well-being for ALL personnel employed by or visiting the organisation. Our aim is to:
- Prevent injuries and ill health caused by working conditions.
- Provide a safe work environment, plant and systems of work to protect employees and others from being exposed to hazards.
- Place and maintain employees in an occupational environment designed to satisfy their needs for safety, health and welfare at work.
This policy is for:
- Establishing and maintaining work practices which are safe and minimise risk to health.
- All levels of management and supervisory staff to be responsible and accountable for minimising the potential for injury or illness to employees or others within their area of responsibility.
- Employees to be responsible for their own health and safety and the health and safety of others.
- Effective consultative mechanisms to be promoted and maintained.
- Training, placing & supervising all employees to enable the safe performance of duties in all instances.
- Developing and implementing preventative strategies that include workplace and job design, the identification of hazards in the workplace and taking appropriate remedial action to control the hazards.
- The allocation of resources to meet the aims of the occupational health and safety programme.
The policy has been developed to ensure compliance with relevant legislation and will be regularly reviewed with the aim of continually improving health & safety in the workplace.