Commercial Stair Treads
Ideal for interior or exterior use, our commercial Stair Tread range is available in a range of colours on an anodized brass or aluminium extruded base, and they are quickly, easily and permanently installed.
Stair Treads are available in two profiles; Traditional or Ramped, in up to 6 metre lengths cut to size. The coloured Vinyl insert is available loose for mechanical installation or already stuck in for installation using adhesive.
- Class 1
As a commercial product, the Vigil Antislip Commercial Stair Tread range is available in one class only – Commercial Class 1.
Standard Profile Overall width 69.85mm Stair Tread width 60mm Overall depth 23.4mm
Ramped Profile Overall width 80.85mm Stair Tread width 60mm Overall depth 24mm
Constructed using Silicone Carbide (SiC) with a Hardness of 2480kg / mm2 in the following mesh grades:
Commercial Grade – 46 mesh
Light Industrial Grade – 24 mesh
Industrial Grade – 20 mesh
Platinum (also available as Off White)
How we can offer a 10 Year Replacement Warranty
As innovators and pioneers in the safety industry, it is important that we lead by example.
Our production manuals contain the QA/QC requirements for every process. As a basic rule, every production team member acts as a buyer and a seller. When a process is completed, the person who conducted that process becomes the internal seller of the product to that stage. It is then passed on to the next person in the production process – the internal buyer – who checks all specifications, etc. to ensure the previous process was carried out in accordance with requirements.
The product continues through the production process that way, being rigorously checked by the ‘internal buyer’ at every stage.
Every process is also signed off by the operator on the Job Card. This ensures quality is maintained and checked throughout all processes rather than just at the packaging stage. All raw materials are checked upon receipt, resins are tested for hardness and so on.
When the products are completed, the Job Card number becomes the Warranty Number and this is stamped on the underside of every product so it can be traced should there ever be a future issue.
The 10 Year Replacement Warranty Certificate provided with every Class 1 is signed by the Managing Director and the Production Manager. The Job Cards are archived for a minimum of 10 years so they may be recovered and the production process traced if necessary.
For more information please contact us.
- Technical Specifications
Commercial Class 1
Extrusion Aluminium anodised with clear or brass finish to 10 microns Vigil Antislip propietary profile (Drawing No VGL004 Standard Stair Tread Vigil Antislip propietary profile (Drawing No VGL39693 Ramped Stair Tread Antislip Insert Foundation 1.5mm Armstrong Nylex Armalon Resin System Ciba Geigy Aradur epoxy system Aggregate Silicone Carbide (SiC) Hardness 2480 kg / mm2 Size of Aggregate Commercial Grade 46 Mesh Light Industrial Grade 24 Mesh Industrial Grade 20 Mesh Bonding Foundation to extrusion 501k Double sided pressure sensitive splicing tape Warranty 1 Year
Test Result Summary
Resistance to Abrasion
Test Method : ASTM D658
Result: > 313.60 g / mm.
Resistance to Fire
Test Method : AS 1530.3.1989 AMDT No 1 APR 92
• Ignition Time: 5.78 mins.
• Flame Propagation Time: Nil S.
• Heat Release Integral: 71.1 kJ/sq. M.
• Smoke Release, Log D: – 0.8101.
• Optical Density, D: 0.1572 / M.
Ignitability Index : 14 Range 0-20
Spread of Flame Index *: 0
Heat Evolved Index*: 2
Smoke Developed Index*: 5
* Range = 0-10
Test Method : ASTM D4518
• Dry Condition: 0.53.
• Wet Condition: 0.50.
• Oiled Condition: 0.49.
• Oiled After Impact: 0.41.
Test Method : DIN 511 30
• Commercial Grade: R-13.
• Industrial Grade: R-13.
• Offshore Grade: R-12.
Test Method : AS / NZ 3661.1
• Comm. grade – Dry leather: 1.30
• Comm. grade – Dry rubber: 1.30
• Comm. grade – Wet rubber: 0.95
• Ind. grade – Dry leather: 1.50.
• Ind. grade – Dry rubber: 1.30.
• Ind. grade – Wet rubber: 0.85.
• Offshore grade – Dry leather: 1.80.
• Offshore grade – Dry rubber: 1.90.
• Offshore grade – Wet rubber: 0.85.
Test Method : AS 4586:2013
• Comm. grade – COF : 1.05
– Class : D1
• Lt. Ind. Grade – COF : 1.00
– Class : D1
• Industrial Grade – COF : 1.00
– Class : D1
• Offshore Grade – COF : 1.00
– Class : D1
Please Note : All Test Certificates are available upon request.
Installation of Vigil Antislip Commercial Stair Treads
- Using solvent and rags, clean the concrete/tiles where the Stair Nosings are to be placed and clean the backs of each Stair Nosing. Ensure that rubber gloves are worn.
- Place each Stair Tread in the desired position on each step to ensure that they fit correctly.
- Fit a tube of adhesive on to the caulking gun, pierce tube seal and screw on nozzle. Trim off end of nozzle to obtain required bead of adhesive.
- Starting from the top step, squeeze 3 beads of adhesive onto the back of the first Stair Tread to be installed. .
- Place the Stair Tread in the required position on the step and apply pressure both downward and backward so that adhesion is achieved to the top of the step as well as the leading edge.
- Repeat procedures for the rest of the Stair Treads.
- Using acetone, clean any excess adhesive from around the Stair Treads before it cures.
- Ensure that that pedestrian traffic is kept away from the steps until the adhesive is cured.
(Approximately 6-8 hours).
Or request a complete Self-Assessment Pack including:
- Vigil Slip Hazard Form
- Vigil Antislip Sample Pack
- Vigil Antislip Industrial Catalogue